Controlling the Object Inspector

Can you control the behaviour of the Object Inspector?

I'm trying to write a component which uses a columns property which brings up a
dialog box to add/delete/edit columns (much the same way as a DBGrid works).
Once this columns editor is called the Object Inspector needs to show the new
class I'm using (Tcolumns) and then when you add a new column it should show
the properties of the TColumns class.

How do you make the Object Inspector point to this new class?

Thanks in advance.

reply to markym...@aol.com

Re:Controlling the Object Inspector

MarkyMann,

You have to write a custom property editor for your new columns
property, and then register it with the IDE using the
RegisterPropertyEditor procedure.

HTH

Ken
--
Ken White
kwh...@westelcom.com

Clipper Functions for Delphi
http://members.aol.com/clipfunc/

MarkyMann wrote:

> Can you control the behaviour of the Object Inspector?

> I'm trying to write a component which uses a columns property which brings up a
> dialog box to add/delete/edit columns (much the same way as a DBGrid works).
> Once this columns editor is called the Object Inspector needs to show the new
> class I'm using (Tcolumns) and then when you add a new column it should show
> the properties of the TColumns class.

> How do you make the Object Inspector point to this new class?

> Thanks in advance.

> reply to markym...@aol.com

Other Threads