Delphi 16 bit to 32 bit

I see that Delphi 3 has just shipped so maybe I should be upgrading to
that.

I have Delphi one and I wonder if I can start developing an app using
that and then load and recomplile with delphi 2 or 3 without any
complications.

I have been using Apollo 2 and have version 3 upgrades in both 16 and 32
bit although I haven't installed them yet. Will there be any pron=blems
with that?

Any shared experience appreciated.

Kym Wilson

Re:Delphi 16 bit to 32 bit

: Kym Wilson <gra...@tpgi.com.au> wrote:

>I see that Delphi 3 has just shipped so maybe I should be upgrading to
>that.

>I have Delphi one and I wonder if I can start developing an app using
>that and then load and recomplile with delphi 2 or 3 without any
>complications.

Well, yes and no. You must make sure no to use any OS specific
features. I have a 70,000 lines application which is *compiling*
nicely in D1 (D2 gone now) and D3. Since D3 has changed the way
components are added you need the source code of existing D1+D2
components or the D3 version.

>I have been using Apollo 2 and have version 3 upgrades in both 16 and 32
>bit although I haven't installed them yet. Will there be any pron=blems
>with that?

Yes, according to information on some mailing list. But the
producer has promised an update.

>Any shared experience appreciated.

Just do it.
--