Making an EXE from a Delphi app

Is it possible to generate a standalone EXE from an app that I've developed in
Delphi? What type of stub do I need to write to a file in order to do this?

Phil Jones

Author of OmniCon 96 - The BEST Unit Converter for Win95!
WWW: http://darwin.biology.queensu.ca/~jonesp/omnicon/index.html
E-Mail: jon...@darwin.biology.QueensU.Ca

Re:Making an EXE from a Delphi app

In article <4l3o6g$...@knot.queensu.ca>, jon...@biology.queensu.ca (Phil Jones) wrote:
>Is it possible to generate a standalone EXE from an app that I've developed in
>Delphi? What type of stub do I need to write to a file in order to do this?

What is your question exactly?  If you are asking if there is run-time baggage
like Visual Basic, then only if you use the BDE or Report Smith; otherwise,
Delphi makes stand-alone exe's.

Sam
Sam Birch, Cadet, USAF Academy c/o 96 | The Lord is good unto them that
AUT VIAM INVENIEMUS AUT FACIEMUS      |wait for Him, to the soul that
BirchSW96.C...@usafa.af.mil           |seeketh Him  - Lamentations 3:25

<Mandatory Disclaimer> "This content in no way reflects the opinions,
standards, or policy of the United States Air Force Academy or the
United States government." </Mandatory Disclaimer>

Phil Jones wrote:

> Is it possible to generate a standalone EXE from an app that I've developed in
> Delphi? What type of stub do I need to write to a file in order to do this?

> Phil Jones

> Author of OmniCon 96 - The BEST Unit Converter for Win95!
> WWW: http://darwin.biology.queensu.ca/~jonesp/omnicon/index.html
> E-Mail: jon...@darwin.biology.QueensU.Ca

If you have run it in Delphi, you already have the standalone EXE
file in your development directory. To run it on a different
machine, if you have used VBXs or the BDE, you'll need to copy
some other files. Otherwise, you should be set to go!

HTH -- John

Re:Making an EXE from a Delphi app

On Wed, 17 Apr 96 21:35:10 GMT, Phil Jones <jon...@biology.queensu.ca>
asked...

>Is it possible to generate a standalone EXE from an app that I've
developed in
>Delphi? What type of stub do I need to write to a file in order to do

this?

The default behavior for Delphi is to create a standalone EXE.  What are
you seeing that makes you think otherwise?

Other Threads