System failure running on Compaq Presario 233mhz with win98

I have been testing a delphi 5 application across 6 PC's of various makes,
speeds and OS's.  It works fine on all but two compaq Presario's which are
approx. 2 years old running win98.  On these two, I get an access violation
during initialization which takes out the OS.  Other Delphi 5 programs have
been tested OK on these machines.  Has anyone seen any peculiarities with
Compaq's and Delphi, or any Delphi 3rd party tools which might give me a
lead on this.  I am currently stripping down the program to find out where
the problem is coming from, but with little success.

--
Thanks
Randy Hughes

Re:System failure running on Compaq Presario 233mhz with win98

Try backing down the video accelloration in those machines.
some video drivers give problems ...
also if your app is DATAbase related make sure you have the lastest DBE engine
installed on those
machines.
 and also make sure you are not running some old version of comctrl32.dll
Rgh wrote:
> I have been testing a delphi 5 application across 6 PC's of various makes,
> speeds and OS's.  It works fine on all but two compaq Presario's which are
> approx. 2 years old running win98.  On these two, I get an access violation
> during initialization which takes out the OS.  Other Delphi 5 programs have
> been tested OK on these machines.  Has anyone seen any peculiarities with
> Compaq's and Delphi, or any Delphi 3rd party tools which might give me a
> lead on this.  I am currently stripping down the program to find out where
> the problem is coming from, but with little success.

> --
> Thanks
> Randy Hughes

Other Threads