DataSet 32768 char-limitation. BUG?!?

It seems to me that DataSet.FieldByName is cutting strings longer than
32768 characters?!?
Did anyone had any problems with that?

What happens is that I'm receiving a pointer to a DataSet from a DCOM
server, via a VARIANT*.
Then, in the Client, DataSet.FiledByName('something').AsString and even
DataSet.FiledByName('something').AsVariant gets me just 32768
characters.

The field I'm reading from in the database is of MEMO type.
I need to read FAR MORE characters than 32768!
It this a limitation in the DataSet or has this something to do with
the communication between the Client and the DCOM server?
How do I do to avoid this limitation?

--
Martin.
Delphi FAQ: http://www.openinfo.se/martin