Threaded SQL execution slows down DBGrid?

I'm threading some SQL-execution because of performance reasons. It
works perfect but when I'm scrolling in a DBGrid which show a SQL-select
set (a lot of records: > 1000), the scrolling isn't smooth like it is
when the thread is idle.

As I should, I use an additional session and database for each thread.

The database is an DB2 on AS/400 connected via ODBC Client Acces.

Is it possible to 'fix' the scrolling hick-ups, and how?

Thanks in advance,

Marco Heerebout
SE
Roccade Industrious Trendsoft

Re:Threaded SQL execution slows down DBGrid?

<<The database is an DB2 on AS/400 connected via ODBC Client Acces.

You may want to try one of the non-bde odbc replacements like
www.odbcexpress.com or www.odbc98.com that can use the odbc cursor library
for better performance on large result sets rather than try and create it's
own cache, like I believe the bde does.

I am very interested in your results if you do as we believe our thin client
technology called ASTA can help kill lots of as/400 green screens<g>.

Steve Garland sgarl...@astatech.com
ASTA: 3-Tier & Thin Client Tools for Delphi
ASTA Technology Group http://www.astatech.com
Delphi Client/Server NOT required. Non BDE backends welcome!

Other Threads