COM Automation Events

Hi,

I'm using Delphi 5 to control Microsoft Agent, and I'm trying to figure out
how events work...

Now the easiest things for me to do, is to import the type library and
create a component, and then use the Object Inspector to gain access to the
exposed events. However, let's say for arguments sake that I don't want to
make a component out of Agent (don't ask me why).

How can I expose "known" events (ie, I know the name of the event and the
parameters - because I can see them in the Type Library) for an imported
type library? And why would people want to use this method, rather than
through the component?

Many thanks for your ideas

Re:COM Automation Events

<<Mark Smith:
And why would people want to use this method, rather than
through the component?

Possibly because in D5 var parameters in events don't work
- you can see them but you can't change them. :(

What you can do instead is use Binh Ly's freeware
EventSinkImp utility, downloadable from
http://www.techvanguards.com/