Error 111 on server startup...error code docs?

What does Error 111 mean, or where can I find the documentation for error
code definitions?  I get this when starting the Interbase 6.01 server on
Linux and finding this in my log file.  The server seems to run fine,
though, so I don't understand the error.

inet/inet_error: connect errno = 111

What gives?
--
Thanks
Mike Lewis

Re:Error 111 on server startup...error code docs?

This is a 'connection refused at server' error. You can see this error
at the server startup time. The reason for this is that before starting
the server, ibmgr utility tries to connect to the server to check if it
is already running.

Regards,
--Stas
InterBase R&D, Borland

Mike Lewis wrote:

> What does Error 111 mean, or where can I find the documentation for error
> code definitions?  I get this when starting the Interbase 6.01 server on
> Linux and finding this in my log file.  The server seems to run fine,
> though, so I don't understand the error.

> inet/inet_error: connect errno = 111

> What gives?
> --
> Thanks
> Mike Lewis

the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or
confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient of
this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please
immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of any
e-mail and any printout thereof.

Re:Error 111 on server startup...error code docs?

  Hi, Stanislav. Can you give link where errors in interbase.log specified?
It's time to time useful to know, but I can find only fragments of this
knowledge in different places (maybe I'm bad seeker). Thank you.

Best regards.

Re:Error 111 on server startup...error code docs?

Most of the InterBase error codes and error-handling options can be
found in the Language Reference, "Error Codes and Messages".

Regards,
--Stas
InterBase R&D, Borland

Ded wrote:

>   Hi, Stanislav. Can you give link where errors in interbase.log specified?
> It's time to time useful to know, but I can find only fragments of this
> knowledge in different places (maybe I'm bad seeker). Thank you.

> Best regards.

the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or
confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient of
this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please
immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of any
e-mail and any printout thereof.

Other Threads