Why I get this error "internal gds software consistency check (cannot find tip page(165))

Hi All,

I try to use dbExpress to do a query against a Interbase 6 database.

I create a TTransactionDesc and set TransactionID to 1, and then pass this
TTransactionDesc to the StartTransaction of TSQLConnection, then I get this
error message.

The code is similar to this:

procedure TDBXDBRegistry.SetValue( RegID: Integer; Value: Variant );
var Qry, QryUpdate: TSQLQuery;
    TD: TTransactionDesc;
    lInTransaction: boolean;
begin
  Qry := TSQLQuery.Create( Self );
  QryUpdate := TSQLQuery.Create( Self );
  lInTransaction := SQLConnection.InTransaction;
  if not lInTransaction then begin
    TD.TransactionID := 1;
    TD.IsolationLevel := xilREADCOMMITTED;
    SQLConnection.StartTransaction(TD);

Assume SQLConnection is a TSQLConnection that has open to a interbase
database.

Any helps is welcome.

Regards
CP

Re:Why I get this error "internal gds software consistency check (cannot find tip page(165))

Your database is corrupt. Try repairing it using gfix.

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:Why I get this error "internal gds software consistency check (cannot find tip page(165))

Hi Bill,

But why I still can use IB Console to connect and see all the contents of
the db?

Regards
CP

"Bill Todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:[email protected]
> Your database is corrupt. Try repairing it using gfix.

> --
> Bill (TeamB)

Re:Why I get this error "internal gds software consistency check (cannot find tip page(165))

>But why I still can use IB Console to connect and see all the contents of
>the db?

I have no idea. Have you verified the database with gfix?

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:Why I get this error "internal gds software consistency check (cannot find tip page(165))

I just realized that the error occurred after I have created a new IB
database using TIBDatabase component.

That means after creating a new IB database using TIBDatabase component, if
you open a SQLConnection to that database, the subsequent call to query or
start transaction will have this problem, why?

Choo Chin Peng wrote:
> That means after creating a new IB database using TIBDatabase
> component, if you open a SQLConnection to that database, the
> subsequent call to query or start transaction will have this problem,
> why?

        Please read Bill's first message in this thread.

        -Craig

Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://delphi.weblogs.com
InterBase Perf. Monitor : http://delphi.weblogs.com/IBPerformanceMonitor
InterBase PLANalyzer 1.1: http://delphi.weblogs.com/IBPLANalyzer