Access violation at address 40539CAF in module GDS32.DLL Read of address 36317836

Hello

I have a button on a form that summarizes a list of material items into a
TList and displays them in a TMemo in another form. On my local workstation
I pretty much have everything working correctly, but when I connect to a NT
server (I have tried many different servers) I get an Access violation at
address 40539CAF in module GDS32.DLL Read of address 36317836.

The first time I run the function (press the button) it works perfect (on
the network). The second time I always receive the error. This same database
on the local machine never has a problem.  I uninstalled and reinstalled
Interbase on the local machine and the server with the same result.

The function is a simple SQL Query. I have tried Prepare/Unprepare and
nothing seems to work. I am using Interbase 6.01 with IBO_3_6_A. The
GetTakeoffItems is a TIBOQuery in a TDataModule, the TIBODatabase is in
another TDataModule.

procedure TAppCalcPlanBase.LoadTakeoff(ALinkID: integer);
begin
  if ALinkID < 1 then exit;
  with GetTakeoffItems do begin
    GetTakeoffItems.Params[0].AsInteger := ALinkID;
    Open;
    while not eof do begin
      with TakeoffAdd(GetTakeoffItemsMATERIALID.AsInteger) do begin
        Units := Units + GetTakeoffItemsUNITS.AsFloat;
      end; {with}
      next;
    end; {while}
    Close;
  end; {with}
end;

The SQL
SELECT
TAKEOFFITEMS.SEQNO,
TAKEOFFITEMS.MATERIALID,
TAKEOFFITEMS.UNITS
FROM TAKEOFFITEMS
WHERE TAKEOFFITEMS.LINKID = :LinkID

Thanks for the help
Steve Johnson

Re:Access violation at address 40539CAF in module GDS32.DLL Read of address 36317836

Please ask IBO questions in Jason's list server.  This newsgroups is for
InterBase Express and the two are not the same.  Thank you.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
The fool escaped from paradise will look over his shoulder and cry

Other Threads