BDE config, changing Alias from Delphi program

Im using BDE ver. 4.00, an is wondering if it is posible, tr write code,
that changes the Database location in an Alias.
Does anyone have a solution or know where there is an exaple of this?

Sincerely

Ole Mose

Re:BDE config, changing Alias from Delphi program

Take a look at the methods for the TSession class.
 --- x
Xavier Pacheco (TeamB)
Sorry but TeamB cannot answer support questions received via email.

Re:BDE config, changing Alias from Delphi program

Hi, Ole Mose.

Ole Mose wrote:

> Im using BDE ver. 4.00, an is wondering if it is posible, tr write code,
> that changes the Database location in an Alias.

I think the answer is Yes.

> Does anyone have a solution or know where there is an exaple of this?

I think the answer and the examples you seek, if memory serves, are
in Xavier's D1 book:

"Delphi Developer's Guide, Borland Press, SAMS, Xavier Pacheco & Steve
Teixeira, 1995, about 869 pages, ISBN 0-672-30704-9.

I think there is a D2 version and I thought I saw a msg from Xavier saayiung
that there is a D3 version or one in the works.

This is, overall, a well written book and has some very good examples -
especially when compared to other Delphi 2 books on the market that are well
known and used heavily.  This book has stuff in it I have seen no where else
- in other Delphi book - great stuff.

A big plus - IMhO- is that the authors particpate here in this NG; so if you
have a question or clearification regarding their books you can ask here.  :)

I think Xavier could have given you this more specific information but was
being modest and non-commercial in pushing his book.  I do not have those
issues to deal with personally. :)

Ask him which of his books he recommends and what chapters and pages you
might find what you need.  He may then be able to respond a bit differently.
<VBG>

I hope this helps you.

Regards, -= Lou Rizzuto =-

> Sincerely