Help! Corrupted Paradox Tables

We have a rather interesting situation here as what we suspect to be the
Password being wiped out, but the Database still encrypted as according to
the original Password.  As a result, we are able to access the data, but
they all come out unintelligible.

We have gone through Randy Beck's page and have tried to force in a
Password to correct the entire situation, but all these efforts seem
futile.

Anyone with any ideas please help.

Thanx in advance.

Woolf

Re:Help! Corrupted Paradox Tables

In article <01bc7c15$3add7280$00888888@ds_server> "Woolf" <hs...@pc.jaring.my> writes:
>We have a rather interesting situation here as what we suspect to be the
>Password being wiped out, but the Database still encrypted as according to
>the original Password.  As a result, we are able to access the data, but
>they all come out unintelligible.
>We have gone through Randy Beck's page and have tried to force in a
>Password to correct the entire situation, but all these efforts seem
>futile.

I can tell you, as a person who completely understands (!) the entire Paradox
encryption mechanism (!!), that if you are getting unintelligible data after
the password has been accepted, you have a corrupted table simple-as-that.

The ciphering mechanism used by BDE is sensitive to any changes to the
underlying data and will render any corrupted block as the gibberish you see.

I'd look for physical I/O errors of some kind in this case.

Other Threads