Access violation in VCL50.BPL

Jud McCranie wrote:

> Jud McCranie <jud.mccra...@mindspring.com> wrote:

> >I have started getting many access violation errors when I try
> >to compile in Delphi 5.  I've rebooted and reinstalled the
> >update pack, but I get several errors of the type:

> >Access violation at address 40004b3c in module VCL50.BPL.  Read
> >of address FFFFFFFF (and FFFFFFF9 and FFFFFFFA).  Also, the same
> >thing at address 4000EEB7 - read of address 06c38000.  I get
> >several of these when I xompile, but after I get past them, it
> >compiles.

> >How can I correct this?

> After I restarted and after I reloaded Delphi I still had the
> problem.  After I did a complete shutdown, the problem cleared
> up.

> Jud McCranie

Ditto. I'm running D5 Professional on NT4 SP5 and I'm getting
intermittent problems similar to this. I can't reproduce it after I've
quit (usually by taskman) but once it happens it's curtains for that
session of delphi. It just keeps on crashin' every time you hit the
compile, build or run button. It doesn't happen enough to be a real pain
though. At least not on NT.

Re:Access violation in VCL50.BPL

More clues on the AV:
* It only happens when I am "returning" from editing source code and the
debugging environment is open.
That is, I compile/run/trap, and edit/fix source code.  When  I enlarged the
text window, AV.  If I moved from editor by simply clicking one of the
run-time forms to make it active, AV. If I reduced the text window, no
problem!.  If I closed the DOS/Terminal window (which I used for debugging),
no problem!.  That is, maybe the IDE overlapping the run time environment
might have something to do with the edit-time background compiles???  Anyone
else have any ideas?
--

Jim Hargis
j...@har-gis.com

"Michael Brown" <embo...@i4free.co.nospam.nz> wrote in message

> Jud McCranie wrote:

> > Jud McCranie <jud.mccra...@mindspring.com> wrote:

> > >I have started getting many access violation errors when I try
> > >to compile in Delphi 5.  I've rebooted and reinstalled the
> > >update pack, but I get several errors of the type:

> > >Access violation at address 40004b3c in module VCL50.BPL.  Read
> > >of address FFFFFFFF (and FFFFFFF9 and FFFFFFFA).  Also, the same
> > >thing at address 4000EEB7 - read of address 06c38000.  I get
> > >several of these when I xompile, but after I get past them, it
> > >compiles.

> > >How can I correct this?

> > After I restarted and after I reloaded Delphi I still had the
> > problem.  After I did a complete shutdown, the problem cleared
> > up.

> > Jud McCranie

> Ditto. I'm running D5 Professional on NT4 SP5 and I'm getting
> intermittent problems similar to this. I can't reproduce it after I've
> quit (usually by taskman) but once it happens it's curtains for that
> session of delphi. It just keeps on crashin' every time you hit the
> compile, build or run button. It doesn't happen enough to be a real pain
> though. At least not on NT.

Other Threads