Re: Delphi 2006

2005-10-08 01:58:16 AM
delphi29
John Michael writes:
Borland is no longer a trustable company.
After what they've done lately and all the quality stuff they've put in
place, with all the information on blogs detailing just what they've
done and what fixes they've put in I don't understand how you can say
this. And Delphi 2005 is just fine with Update #3. I haven't installed
the unofficial patches and I am using Delphi 2005 every day and it is
very stable.
I would suggest that you wait a few weeks after Delphi 2006 is
released to see if the product works, and then make a decision.
If Borland is offering a free upgrade to Delphi 2006 at this stage (or
they're switching to Software Assurance) then why not get Delphi 2005
and work with that- when Delphi 2006 comes along they can migrate when
it is stable. And by all accounts it appears that it will be pretty
darn stable.
If Borland isn't offering a free upgrade and the choice is to get Delphi
2005 or wait for Delphi 2006 then I would wait for Delphi 2006 as well. It
may well be stable enough to start using when it comes out. We'll wait
to see what the reaction is to it though.... there's bound to be some
unhappy people- but it all depends what they're complaining about. ;-)
It will be released next month, so you won't have to wait a lot.
True, although it could be the month after that... or if it slips, then
early next year. Who knows- I don't think we can count on any specific
date because Borland hasn't actually committed to anything.
Cheers,
Kevin.

Re: Delphi 2006

Tim writes:

"Liz" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
>I just cant
>currently afford it :(

If you can not afford it, download it.
Please do not recommend to any one on Borland's newsgroups to pirate Borland
software. This is against the rules of use for these newsgroups.
--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
Your friends will know you better in the first minute you meet than your

Re: Delphi 2006

Tim writes:
You wouldn't cheat. It is irrelevant if you download it or not,
because you don't have the money and you won't buy it anyway.
Interest point.
First, i guess you will get a big kick in some low place from some
TeamB member.<g>
But really, if Liz or everyone want only learn with the tool she cant
do nothing except donwload it. Off course that is like piracy but if he
will dont do money with that, is still piracy?
Please dont suggest personal edition (available only to germany
people????) because she want to learn to use ECO by example. What to do?
Start the shots!
Donald

Re: Delphi 2006

Donald Shimoda writes:
Tim writes:
But really, if Liz or everyone want only learn with the tool she cant
do nothing except donwload it. Off course that is like piracy but if
he will dont do money with that, is still piracy?
I own a copy of D5 enterprise, that was the last version I affored, I
didnt feel a need for d7.. However, the ?999 it costs in the uk to
upgrade... yes arguably I could get away with professional, (?310 for
upgrade) but, then I can bet my backside in month Id need something
from the enterprise.. and if I wanted architect... Its ?1540.. I dont
earn that a month! Let alone have it to spend after paying all the
bills.
Please dont suggest personal edition (available only to germany
people????) because she want to learn to use ECO by example. What to
do?
Personal edition is great but is limited.. and not very available as
you pointed out.. Shame that.
--
Liz the Brit

Re: Delphi 2006

"Donald Shimoda" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in

>but relative to the above, for D2005 you can use
>the time-limited trial,

Really? Are you sure somebody can learn in 30 days all the D2005 stuf?
I dont think so.
Well, I have been using Delphi for 10 years full-time and I am still learning
new things. Do you think the trial version should last that long?

Re: Delphi 2006

Really? Are you sure somebody can learn in 30 days all the D2005 stuf?
I dont think so.
Wasn't the point to then upgrade to DeXter?

Re: Delphi 2006

Larry Drews writes:

Well, I have been using Delphi for 10 years full-time and I am still
learning new things. Do you think the trial version should last that
long?
Cold be great!
The point is , i really think must be a way to people learning to use
it without charge. If they dont get money just let them use it. Anyway,
if somebody want to get it in piracy sites can do and im sure they do.
Why not legalize that?
I think im crazy, may be is the friday, you are rigth
Donald

Re: Delphi 2006

"Donald Shimoda" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in

Cold be great!
The point is , i really think must be a way to people learning to use
it without charge. If they dont get money just let them use it. Anyway,
if somebody want to get it in piracy sites can do and im sure they do.
Why not legalize that?

I think im crazy, may be is the friday, you are rigth

Donald

Well, then University should be free, also. And all seminars or any kind
of classes. But how do the instructors get paid? Or the owners of the
classrooms?

Re: Delphi 2006

Holger Flick writes:
Hi Bruce,

I think here we go again with another spammer :-( We had that in June
already, remember...
Hi Holger,
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume it was unintentional.
For now. :)
How was Ekon? Going by all the blogs it looks like it was pretty
interesting.
--
Regards,
Bruce McGee

Re: Delphi 2006

"Larry Drews" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Well, then University should be free, also. And all seminars or any kind
of classes. But how do the instructors get paid? Or the owners of the
classrooms?
Well, you may not be aware of that fact, but university is free in some
countries... Thank god, not everything is like in the US in that respect! In
France, for instance, education is completely free, even though we do have
private schools/universities/etc. Anyone who wants it can have a completely
free education. Well, I may be slightly lying here, since you may still have
to buy your books, pay for your social security, etc. But still, it's
nothing in comparison with what I believe people have to pay in the US. It's
like a friend of mine whose daughter managed to get a competitive
scholarship to study medicine (if I recall correctly), but was denied the
money that comes with it on the basis that her dad earns enough to pay for
her education (!!!).
Alan.

Re: Delphi 2006

"Ingvar Anderberg" <test>writes
"Larry Drews" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>skrev i meddelandet
>Well, then University should be free, also. And all seminars or any kind
>of classes. But how do the instructors get paid? Or the owners of the
>classrooms?
Why should they need money, if everything was free ? :)
(not a bad idea, BTW)
Because some people would take advantage of the system. Why would you bother
working long hours if, at the end of the day, it is not going to make any
difference. In some countries (France again for instance, see my other post
in this thread), some people don't feel like working and they are partially
right, since the system there is so good (read bad in fact - in that respect
at least) that you can nearly survive on social aids from the government. I
unfortunately some people like that who are, unfortunately, very good at
taking advantage of the system.
Alan.

Re: Delphi 2006

"Alan Garny" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in

Well, you may not be aware of that fact, but university is free in
some countries...
But it is not actually free! Someone has to pay the instructors, maintain
the buildings, etc. Usually from taxes. So everyone is paying, just not
the recipients.

Re: Delphi 2006

"Kevin Berry" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote
John Michael writes:
>Borland is no longer a trustable company.
After what they've done lately and all the quality stuff they've put in
place, with all the information on blogs detailing just what they've
done and what fixes they've put in I don't understand how you can say
this.
It sure sounds good on paper. But remember, D2005 sounded terrific too for
those who got burned by Delphi 8 - before it was released. I wouldn't say Borland
is untrustworthy but I certainly have my reservations about them in the case
of Delphi. Let's just wait and see.

Re: Delphi 2006

somebody writes:
It sure sounds good on paper. But remember, D2005 sounded terrific too for
those who got burned by Delphi 8 - before it was released. I wouldn't say Borland
is untrustworthy but I certainly have my reservations about them in the case
of Delphi. Let's just wait and see.

With DeXter they have started a great fireworks. But my fear is that
after that they fall asleep at the Delphi front and go to ALM/Inprise
b.s. etc.

Re: Delphi 2006

Alan Garny writes:

Well, you may not be aware of that fact, but university is free in
some countries...
TANSTAAFL.
Calculate how much in taxes you pay for all your free stuff sometime.
Light is faster than sound, which is why some folks appear bright
before they speak.