Live Open connection from Client html to indyHttp server

2006-09-13 04:32:10 AM
delphi249
Hi
How do I create a live connection to my indyHTTP server which will update my
client side html.
THanks

Re:Live Open connection from Client html to indyHttp server

"Robert T" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
How do I create a live connection to my indyHTTP server which
will update my client side html.
Please elaborate. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
Gambit

Re:Live Open connection from Client html to indyHttp server

"Remy Lebeau (TeamB)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

>How do I create a live connection to my indyHTTP server which
>will update my client side html.

Please elaborate. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
I created a webserver using the Indyhttppserver component. The clients use
mostly IE and Firefox to connect and send requests to which the server
reply. What I'd like to do is have a live connection to the server so
that whenever the server processes new data received from a coms port I want
to display that data on the clients webbrowser without having to refresh the
page.
I hope it makes sense now.
Thanks

Gambit

Re:Live Open connection from Client html to indyHttp server

"Robert T" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
I created a webserver using the Indyhttppserver component. The
clients use mostly IE and Firefox to connect and send requests to
which the server reply. What I'd like to do is have a live
connection to the server so that whenever the server processes
new data received from a coms port I want to display that data
on the clients webbrowser without having to refresh the page.
The HTTP protocol is not designed for that. It is a command/response
protocol, not a streaming push protocol. Refreshing the page periodically
is the only way for a browser to get the latest HTML from the server.
Otherwise, you will have to write a Java applet that runs on the web page
and maintains its own persistent connection to the server. The applet can
then alter the client-side HTML dynamically in code. Or else look at using
RSS feeds instead to present your COM port data in a dynamic manner.
Gambit