phpBB Access Component?

2005-11-08 08:21:42 AM
delphi129
I know phpBB uses MYSQL.
Does anyone know of a component that will allow reading and writing to a
phpBB database given a user name + password? I have noticed that most users
will NOT use my forums but if I had it build into my application, I believe
they would.
Best Regards,
Shane

Re:phpBB Access Component?

With TWebBrowser you will be able to display forum on one of the forms in
your application. Just navigate to forum page.
//------------------------------------------
Regards,
Vassiliev V. V.
www.managed-vcl.com - using .Net objects in Delphi for Win32 +
ADO.Net
www.oledbdirect.com - The fastest way to access MS SQL Server,
MS Jet (Access) and Interbase (through OLEDB)
"Shane Stump" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>сообщи?сообщила ?новостях
следующе? news:436fef7e$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...

Shane Stump writes:
I know phpBB uses MYSQL.

Does anyone know of a component that will allow reading and writing to a
phpBB database given a user name + password? I have noticed that most users
will NOT use my forums but if I had it build into my application, I believe
they would.

Best Regards,

Shane

It can also use Postgresql, which I'd recomend over any version of
Mysql. The latest version of PG are just as fast and scale better with
more connections.
For accessing the PHPBB database directly you can use Zeos
www.zeoslib.net
If you just need to embed it in your app, use the twebbrowser activex
wrapper for IE.

Re:phpBB Access Component?

See www.crlab.com
"Shane Stump" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
I know phpBB uses MYSQL.

Does anyone know of a component that will allow reading and writing to a
phpBB database given a user name + password? I have noticed that most
users will NOT use my forums but if I had it build into my application, I
believe they would.

Best Regards,

Shane

Re:phpBB Access Component?

I know phpBB uses MYSQL.

Does anyone know of a component that will allow reading and writing to a
phpBB database given a user name + password? I have noticed that most users
will NOT use my forums but if I had it build into my application, I believe
they would.
To do so you would need to open your database for access from outside
the server. This can be dangerous and is not possible with many hosted
server solutions.
An easy solution could be RSS (newsfeed), that is really easy to
install by just changing one simple PHP file and placing it on your
server.
We are using it for our phpbb forum (wpcubed.com/forum/) and I
think it can be really useful if you need to check several newsgroups
at once.
The news can be easily imported into one of the popular RRS reader
(for example www.rssbandit.org) by simply refering to an URL
such as www.wpcubed.com/rss.php
There is a Delphi Project "FeedReader"
(prdownloads.sourceforge.net/feedreader/) which could be a good
starting point if you like to import the news into your Application.
I hope this helps,
Julian Ziersch
WPCubed GmbH
www.wpcubed.com