Source Code Print Utility ?

2006-02-26 08:10:50 AM
delphi136
Just wondering if anyone may know of a Delphi source code print utility
that offers structural highlighting.

Re:Source Code Print Utility ?

Take a look at the "Delphi Code Converter". It doesn't print directly, but it
does format Delphi code and allow you to save it as HTML or RTF with structural
highlighting.
angusj.com/delphi/
-Steve-
"rick luttrell" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Just wondering if anyone may know of a Delphi source code print utility
that offers structural highlighting.

Re:Source Code Print Utility ?

Thanks Steve,
That's helpful but not exactly what I had in mind. There appears to be several
apps for VB(Visual Basic) that do a nice job of taking a complete project and creating structural
highlighted output and in some cases an index.
Thank again
-Rick

>Just wondering if anyone may know of a Delphi source code print utility
>that offers structural highlighting.

Re:Source Code Print Utility ?

Raize has a little editor called ScratchPad. I believe that may have some the
features you're looking for as well. I think it is only $29 US. Other than that
I don't know anything else. I never had the need to print my source code. Way
too many lines... ;)
www.raize.com/DevTools/ScratchPad/Default.asp
-Steve-
"rick luttrell" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Thanks Steve,
That's helpful but not exactly what I had in mind. There appears to be several
apps for VB(Visual Basic) that do a nice job of taking a complete project and creating
structural
highlighted output and in some cases an index.

Thank again
-Rick

>Take a look at the "Delphi Code Converter". It doesn't print directly, but it
>does format Delphi code and allow you to save it as HTML or RTF with
>structural
>highlighting.
>
>angusj.com/delphi/
>
>-Steve-
>
>"rick luttrell" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>>Just wondering if anyone may know of a Delphi source code print utility
>>that offers structural highlighting.

Re:Source Code Print Utility ?

that offers structural highlighting--->And a whole lot more ;)
CodeFactor $59.00
codefactor.home.att.net/features.html
get it... you will be glad you got it.
rick luttrell <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
Just wondering if anyone may know of a Delphi source code print utility
that offers structural highlighting.

Re:Source Code Print Utility ?

EditPadPro is what I use. www.editpadpro.com/cscs.html Highly
recommanded.
Pierre

Re:Source Code Print Utility ?

CodeRush works well in Delphi 7.
/Matthew Jones/

Re:Source Code Print Utility ?

Thank's Bob, Codefactor appears to be exceptionaly nice but it still isn't quite
what I was looking for in that I would like the structural highlighting which in my
mind shows vertical lines outlining each code block as Castalia does in IDE editor.
Thanks for your input.
-Rick

>that offers structural highlighting--->And a whole lot more ;)

CodeFactor $59.00
codefactor.home.att.net/features.html

get it... you will be glad you got it.

rick luttrell <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
>Just wondering if anyone may know of a Delphi source code print utility
>that offers structural highlighting.

Re:Source Code Print Utility ?

You're welcome.
Ahh, I have Castalia too and now understand what you're after... did a little googling:
Tool to print delphi source code
tinyurl.com/m663r
where Constantine Yannakopoulos said
">I am looking for a tool that can print delphi source code with
structural highlighting,
i.e. with lines connecting begin - end etc,
Castalia does this on screen, but does not print...
SynEdit can do that with component TSynEditPrint."
Here's the addy:
synedit.sourceforge.net/
and what I could find of "TSynEditPrint"
cvs: synedit/SynEdit/Demos/PrintDemo
cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/synedit/SynEdit/Demos/PrintDemo/
cvs: synedit/SynEdit/Demos/PrintDemoNew
cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/synedit/SynEdit/Demos/PrintDemoNew/
If I understand correctly, you can define/create your own syntax highlighting scheme with the above.
Failing all that, you might try using SnagIt over at: www.techsmith.com/snagit/uses.asp
I haven't tried that approach personally, but may work. When you find something that works, please post back so I can save the fix for future reference. :)
Oh, and doh... you could humbly ask Jacob to put this capability in his todo list.(just a little drag-select code/right click print with code blocks as seen visually option) ;)
rick luttrell <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
what I was looking for in that I would like the structural highlighting which in my
mind shows vertical lines outlining each code block as Castalia does in IDE editor.

Thanks for your input.
-Rick

Re:Source Code Print Utility ?

Bob,
SynEdit is really a nice component but it will take me a while to digest what is needed
for the structural highlighting. I did make a request to Jacob about adding it to
Castalia. I think he needs to think about it some as well.
Thank's again for your responses.
-Rick