Re: OCR Component

2005-08-17 09:30:11 PM
delphi275
The best engine I have tested was ABBYY FineReader, almost perfect but
expensive.

Re: OCR Component

See Transym's product.
www.transym.com/index.html
Integrates with Envision's image handling to easily create a full package
for scanning or file manipulation and OCRing.
www.intervalsoftware.com/download.html
"SupportX" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Subject: OCR Component

Hi,

Anybody knows of an OCR component/DLL tha I can pass a bitmap to and get
back as a result the text displayed in the image?

TIA,

SupportX

Re: OCR Component

Hi,
Anybody knows of an OCR component/DLL tha I can pass a bitmap to and get back as a result the text displayed in the image?
TIA,
SupportX

Re: OCR Component

Anyone know of a OCR Component? Or a good way to perform OCR with Delphi?

Re: OCR Component

Envision from Intervals Software
www.intervalsoftware.com/
"John Greco" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

John Greco writes:
Anyone know of a OCR Component? Or a good way to perform OCR with Delphi?
Depends on your requirements and if you can accept run time fees.
A heavy weight approach would be OmniPage Capture SDK.
www.nuance.com/omnipage/capturesdk/
Without runtime fees but more limited but still good for grabbing
parts of text would be MCM Design's Imaging Toolkit for Delphi
with the OCR Module added.
www.mcm-design.dk/index.php
Brian

Re: OCR Component

Without runtime fees but more limited but still good for grabbing
parts of text would be MCM Design's Imaging Toolkit for Delphi
with the OCR Module added.
www.mcm-design.dk/index.php
I have this product. It sufficed for the application I had. But,
barely. I wasn't too impressed actually. You have to train it with
the exact font that you want it to read. And still makes a high
degree of error.