Using TAccessForm

2004-01-31 08:15:50 PM
delphi54
How to I use TAccessForm.
I keep getting this error when I try to connect, although I don't know what
I am doing with this component
I cannot find any examples of how to use it in Delphi 6, or anywhere else
for that matter.
Please help
Ian

Re:Using TAccessForm

I keep getting this error
Which error?
I don't know what
I am doing with this component
Which component? TAccessForm is not standard Delphi component and it seems
that is TForm descendant that you designed.
//------------------------------------------
Regards,
Vassiliev V. V.
www.managed-vcl.com - using .Net objects in Delphi for Win32 +
ADO.Net
www.oledbdirect.com - The fastest way to access MS SQL Server,
MS Jet (Access) and Interbase (through OLEDB)
"Ian" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>сообщи?сообщила ?новостях следующе?
How to I use TAccessForm.

I keep getting this error when I try to connect, although I don't know
what
I am doing with this component

I cannot find any examples of how to use it in Delphi 6, or anywhere else
for that matter.

Please help

Ian

Re:Using TAccessForm

Sorry
The error I get is 'Class not Registered'.
The real problem is I do not how to make the components work or find any
examples anywhere where an access form or reports is being loaded or
working.
"Viatcheslav V. Vassiliev" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>I keep getting this error

Which error?

file://------------------------------------------

>How to I use TAccessForm.
>
>I keep getting this error when I try to connect, although I don't know
what
>I am doing with this component
>
>I cannot find any examples of how to use it in Delphi 6, or anywhere
else
>for that matter.
>
>Please help
>
>Ian

Re:Using TAccessForm

"Ian" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

>>I keep getting this error
>
>Which error?
>
>>I don't know what
>>I am doing with this component
>
>Which component? TAccessForm is not standard Delphi component and it
seems
>that is TForm descendant that you designed.
>
>file://------------------------------------------
>Regards,
>Vassiliev V. V.
>www.managed-vcl.com - using .Net objects in Delphi for Win32 +
>ADO.Net
>www.oledbdirect.com - The fastest way to access MS SQL Server,
>MS Jet (Access) and Interbase (through OLEDB)
>
>"Ian" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>сообщи?сообщила ?новостях следующе?
>>How to I use TAccessForm.
>>
>>I keep getting this error when I try to connect, although I don't know
>what
>>I am doing with this component
>>
>>I cannot find any examples of how to use it in Delphi 6, or anywhere
else
>>for that matter.
>>
>>Please help
>>
>>Ian

TAccessForm is on the Servers page. To be honest, I have never used the
Access components here as I prefer to connect directly to the MDB database
using TADOConnection / TADODataset. The components on the Servers page are
simple wrappers around the COM interfaces for office components. The best
documentation I have found for the methods / properties is on the MSDN site.
HTH
Andrew

Re:Using TAccessForm

You probably have no MS Access installed. I'd suggest you to use CoClass
instead of components on "Servers" page. You may find documentation in MS
Access help file - it is in Visual Basic but usually these examples could be
easy translated into Delphi.
//------------------------------------------
"Andrew" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>сообщи?сообщила ?новостях следующе?
"Ian" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>Sorry
>
>The error I get is 'Class not Registered'.
>
>The real problem is I do not how to make the components work or find any
>examples anywhere where an access form or reports is being loaded or
>working.
>
>"Viatcheslav V. Vassiliev" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>>>I keep getting this error
>>
>>Which error?
>>
>>>I don't know what
>>>I am doing with this component
>>
>>Which component? TAccessForm is not standard Delphi component and it
seems
>>that is TForm descendant that you designed.
>>
>>file://------------------------------------------
>>Regards,
>>Vassiliev V. V.
>>www.managed-vcl.com - using .Net objects in Delphi for Win32 +
>>ADO.Net
>>www.oledbdirect.com - The fastest way to access MS SQL Server,
>>MS Jet (Access) and Interbase (through OLEDB)
>>
>>"Ian" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>сообщи?сообщила ?новостях следующе?
>>>How to I use TAccessForm.
>>>
>>>I keep getting this error when I try to connect, although I don't
know
>>what
>>>I am doing with this component
>>>
>>>I cannot find any examples of how to use it in Delphi 6, or anywhere
>else
>>>for that matter.
>>>
>>>Please help
>>>
>>>Ian

TAccessForm is on the Servers page. To be honest, I have never used the
Access components here as I prefer to connect directly to the MDB database
using TADOConnection / TADODataset. The components on the Servers page are
simple wrappers around the COM interfaces for office components. The best
documentation I have found for the methods / properties is on the MSDN
site.
HTH
Andrew

Re:Using TAccessForm

TAccessForm is on the Servers page. To be honest, I have never used the
Access components here as I prefer to connect directly to the MDB database
using TADOConnection / TADODataset. The components on the Servers page are
simple wrappers around the COM interfaces for office components. The best
documentation I have found for the methods / properties is on the MSDN
site.
HTH
Andrew

The above are components used to access the access database tables, I want
to access the access forms and access rpeorts (hense TAccessForm). Thanks
anyway.