Delphi 2005 Update 1 Install Problem

2004-12-30 11:53:25 AM
delphi263
Hello all,
On a Windows 2000 SP4 machine, I have just installed the full version of Delphi
2005 Enterprise. Immediately after installing I attempted to install the
Delphi 2005 Enterprise Update 1. Early on during the install, it asks me to
insert my Delphi 2005 Enterprise Disk 1, which I did, then it proceeds to
reinstall the original Delphi 2005 from the CD.
I tried inserting the CD briefly just to get past the dialog, then removing
it, but eventually when it gets to the copying files phase, it asks for the
CD again.
Am I doing something wrong, or is there a problem with the update?
Paul Morey
GivenHansco Inc.

Re:Delphi 2005 Update 1 Install Problem

"Paul Morey" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Hello all,

On a Windows 2000 SP4 machine, I have just installed the full version of Delphi
2005 Enterprise. Immediately after installing I attempted to install the
Delphi 2005 Enterprise Update 1. Early on during the install, it asks me
insert my Delphi 2005 Enterprise Disk 1, which I did, then it proceeds to
reinstall the original Delphi 2005 from the CD.

I tried inserting the CD briefly just to get past the dialog, then
removing
it, but eventually when it gets to the copying files phase, it asks for
the
CD again.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a problem with the update?
Have you checked the About box in the D2005 IDE? This should
tell you if Update 1 was installed. The behavior you describe
occurred when I updated, but Update 1 was installed.
--
Charles Appel
"A generation which ignores history has no past - and no future."

Re:Delphi 2005 Update 1 Install Problem

I am not sure about the Enterprise update but when I did my upgrade
for my Professional edition, it did ask for both my Disk 1 and Disk 2.
Check if it is the same on your end.
Edwin
"Paul Morey" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Hello all,

On a Windows 2000 SP4 machine, I have just installed the full version of Delphi
2005 Enterprise. Immediately after installing I attempted to install the
Delphi 2005 Enterprise Update 1. Early on during the install, it asks me
insert my Delphi 2005 Enterprise Disk 1, which I did, then it proceeds to
reinstall the original Delphi 2005 from the CD.

I tried inserting the CD briefly just to get past the dialog, then
removing
it, but eventually when it gets to the copying files phase, it asks for
the
CD again.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a problem with the update?

Paul Morey
GivenHansco Inc.

Re:Delphi 2005 Update 1 Install Problem

Charles,
Thanks for your help. I ran the update again all the way through (inserting
CDs 1 and 2 as requested) and the update installed just fine.
Paul Morey
GivenHansco Inc.
"Charles Appel" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes