BeforeGetRecords?

2003-06-25 12:48:03 AM
delphi170
I have an app which has a particular module which uses commandtext. This is
because the sql is by the user selecting various values and table
combinations. I want to move this to the server so that the query is
constructed in the middle tier. Is the best place to pass this in
BeforeGetRecords? Basically create some ownerdata which sends the values and
then use this to create sql on the server and set the DBExpress.CommandText
property?
thanks
Russell

Re:BeforeGetRecords?

Is there any particular reason to prefer BeforeGetRecords over DataRequest
method/event pair for this kind of situation?
drazen
"Dave Rowntree" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
"Russell Weetch" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:

>I have an app which has a particular module which uses commandtext. This
is
>because the sql is by the user selecting various values and table
>combinations. I want to move this to the server so that the query is
>constructed in the middle tier. Is the best place to pass this in
>BeforeGetRecords? Basically create some ownerdata which sends the values
and
>then use this to create sql on the server and set the
DBExpress.CommandText
>property?

That is what I'd do. Just remember to replace _all_ the
SQLDataSet.CommandText, don't add to what is currently there, cause
that would be stateful.
--
Dave Rowntree