Re: detect record change

2004-11-04 04:22:21 AM
delphi147
Use the BeforeScroll or AfterScroll events of the dataset component.
--
Bill (TeamB)
TeamB cannot answer questions received via email
Terry writes:
using Delphi 6 and ado

I have dbedits on a form and would like to change a label when the
user changed records. I was trying to do this in the OnDataChange
event, but it gets control for changes to edit fields. It there a
way to know if it is a record change, or is there another event?

Thanks

Re: detect record change

using Delphi 6 and ado
I have dbedits on a form and would like to change a label when the user
changed records. I was trying to do this in the OnDataChange event, but it
gets control for changes to edit fields. It there a way to know if it is a
record change, or is there another event?
Thanks

Re: detect record change

my dataset resides in a data module. How do I pass this information back to
the form?

Re: detect record change

I do not what information you are trying to pass back but the most
common way is to call a method of the form and pass the information as
parameters.
--
Terry writes:
my dataset resides in a data module. How do I pass this information
back to the form?

Re: detect record change

That should be, "I do not know what information...".