I'm sorry, I have another question....

2003-11-19 03:24:16 AM
delphi270
Sorry for all the questions, but I have got two now!
1) Does anyone know where I can find an ASCII chart? I am looking for the
numeric value for the TAB key. You know how like a carriage return is #13,
or #10, what is the one for tab?
2) I have become fairly familiar with the POS function. However, I would like to
find the position of the absolute very last instance of a particular
character (in this case, ' '). Any idea how I can do that? Is there like a
"LastPOS" function of some sort? I looked but couldn't find one.
Thanks for all your help! This newsgroup has saved my {*word*82}soo many times,
and helped me learn more than I could possibly imagine.
Thanks,
Todd

Re:I'm sorry, I have another question....

Todd Jaspers writes:
1) Does anyone know where I can find an ASCII chart?
Search google.com and you will find more ASCII charts than you can shake a
stick at.
-Gary

Re:I'm sorry, I have another question....

"Todd Jaspers" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

Tab = #9. GExperts has a built-in ASCII chart (www.gexperts.org)
2) I have become fairly familiar with the POS function. However, I would like to
find the position of the absolute very last instance of a particular
character (in this case, ' '). Any idea how I can do that? Is there like a
"LastPOS" function of some sort? I looked but couldn't find one.
One way is to reverse the string and then look for AnsiPos().
Thanks for all your help! This newsgroup has saved my {*word*82}soo many times,
Is there a {*word*82}bank around here somewhere?

Re:I'm sorry, I have another question....

"Todd Jaspers" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

2) I have become fairly familiar with the POS function. However, I would like to
find the position of the absolute very last instance of a particular
character (in this case, ' '). Any idea how I can do that? Is there like a
"LastPOS" function of some sort? I looked but couldn't find one.

Check out the LastDelimiter function.

Re:I'm sorry, I have another question....

1) Does anyone know where I can find an ASCII chart? I am looking for the
numeric value for the TAB key. You know how like a carriage return is #13,
or #10, what is the one for tab?
I wrote a small program for this several years ago. It gives the values for
each key that is pressed. Check out "KeyStroke" in the attachments group.
2) I have become fairly familiar with the POS function. However, I would like to
find the position of the absolute very last instance of a particular
character (in this case, ' '). Any idea how I can do that? Is there like a
"LastPOS" function of some sort? I looked but couldn't find one.
I usually reverse the string and search for the first instance.
--Doug

Re:I'm sorry, I have another question....

>2) I have become fairly familiar with the POS function. However, I would like
>find the position of the absolute very last instance of a particular
>character (in this case, ' '). Any idea how I can do that? Is there like
>"LastPOS" function of some sort? I looked but couldn't find one.
You could use LastDelimiter...
Yahia