Re: Advice needed

2005-01-18 03:10:05 AM
delphi182
gusse writes:

Do you have a textfile where you add the fixes everytime your done or
Do you have a system that can create a "whats new in this version"
report or how ???

Not a problem when you remember to update the list and you are only 1
developer. But when when you dont remember and there are more than 1
developer...
This is a good use-case for bug tracking system. If you looked at QC,
it tracks all bugs and suggestions. Every time a developer fixes a bug
or implements a suggestion, that entry is marked.
When you reached your milestone for the next release, you can query the
defect tracking system and get all closed bugs and all implemented
suggestions. The readme file or the release note is based on this
defect tracking system.
For one developer, an Excel spreadsheet for tracking defect is enough.
Wien.
--
blogs.slcdug.org/esaputra
Delphi Setting Manager - www.codeline.net

Re: Advice needed

We are going to release Automatic update feature with next release of the
product.
It is something similar to a Delphi Direct and require internet connection,
but allows check for new updates and inform customers about changes...
Delphi IDE Wizard ->web-site ->XML ->is new version? ->show info ->
allow to download a new version...
--
Best regards, Serge Dosyukov
Dragon Soft

What I meen:

Do you have a textfile where you add the fixes everytime your done or
Do you have a system that can create a "whats new in this version" report
or how ???

Not a problem when you remember to update the list and you are only 1
developer. But when when you dont remember and there are more than 1
developer...

hope you all understand

Re: Advice needed

Hello,
I hope this is a right NG, if not - i am sorry and please move
appropriately...
I have a datamodule with dataset component and a form with UI data-aware
controls.
There is a field "password" with corresponding TDBEdit, and TEdit component
for
"Password verification"...so this field is not bounded to any db field...
I do not want to reference a form and its controls from within the
datamodule...
So what would be the proper way to implement a rule, that for new record the
value
of password field and a text entered in "Password verification" field should
match?
Thanx alot,
Eugene.

Re: Advice needed

Eugene V. Goldberg wrote on 10/04/2008 :
Hello,

I hope this is a right NG, if not - i am sorry and please move
appropriately...

I have a datamodule with dataset component and a form with UI data-aware
controls.
There is a field "password" with corresponding TDBEdit, and TEdit component
for
"Password verification"...so this field is not bounded to any db field...

I do not want to reference a form and its controls from within the
datamodule...

So what would be the proper way to implement a rule, that for new record the
value
of password field and a text entered in "Password verification" field should
match?

Thanx alot,
Eugene.
place the check for in the form instead of the datamodule. After all it
is there only to make sure that the user has keyed in correctly the
password.
Regards
Yannis
--
Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches.
- the Duchess of Windsor, when asked what is the secret of a long

Re: Advice needed

I think a small Mediator Pattern with a Verify password function.
Let your data module be the Mediator and then add a procedure called
procedure TMyDataModule.RegisterPWVerify(AEdit: TEdit);
begin
FPWVerify:= AEdit;
end;
procedure TMyDataModule.UnRegisterPWVerify;
begin
FPWVerify:= nil;
end;
function TMyDataModule.VerifyPassword: Boolean;
begin
if FPWVerify = nil then
Result:= False
else
Result:= FPWVerify.Text = DataSet.FieldByName('Password').AsString;
end;
Your UI form could register and unregister the edit control in its create and
destroy methods.
TMyForm.MyFormCreate(Sender: TObject);
begin
MyDataModule.RegisterPWVerify(Edit1);
end;
TMyForm.MyFormDestroy(Sender: TObject);
begin
MyDataModule.UnRegisterPWVerify;
end;
Btw a nice side effect is that your data module *requires* user validation.
-Bill