How AutoCommit ?

2003-11-11 06:31:47 PM
delphi269
Hi
How AutoCommit (commit in post ) ?
Thx
maziar navahan

Re:How AutoCommit ?

Add an AfterPost event and commit the transaction.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
If there is somebody up there could they throw me down a line. Just a

Re:How AutoCommit ?

I also add one in AfterDelete too, since Post and Delete seem to be then
only situations where the data stored actually change.
Is this correct / good practice ?
"Bill Todd" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>a écrit dans le message de
>How AutoCommit (commit in post ) ?

Call Commit in your AfterPost event handler.

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:How AutoCommit ?

"Frederic G. MARAND" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
I also add one in AfterDelete too, since Post and Delete seem to be then
only situations where the data stored actually change.

Is this correct / good practice ?

Yes. If you are using 7.0 or higher use CommitRetaining as
that has no negative effect anymore and leaves the dataset
open.

Re:How AutoCommit ?

Jeff Overcash (TeamB) writes:
Yes. If you are using 7.0 or higher use CommitRetaining as
that has no negative effect anymore and leaves the dataset
open.
On a read-committed transaction, that is.
Details here:
delphi.weblogs.com/stories/storyReader$379
-Craig
Delphi/InterBase Weblog : delphi.weblogs.com
Everything You Need to Know About InterBase Character Sets:
delphi.weblogs.com/stories/storyReader$306

Re:How AutoCommit ?

Jeff Overcash :
i need more comment ....
"Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes