Change errors messages

2003-07-14 01:40:22 PM
delphi13
Hello everybody :
I need a "clean" way to change the defaults errors messages generated by
Interbase and IBX. I need to recognize an error specifically and change the
message. Maybe I will need several messages from the same error in one or more
windows. I try with the errors events but it is too much expensive in time.
I think about to write a base class or create an Interface and inherit it in
all forms. Can anyone advice me ???
Best wishes,
Alfonso

Re:Change errors messages

Craig :
Where Can I find the IB error codes ??? How can I translate Interbase
specific errors such as deadlock ???
Best wishes,
Alfonso
"Craig Stuntz [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>escribi?en el mensaje
Alfonso writes:

>I need a "clean" way to change the defaults errors messages generated
>by Interbase and IBX.

Write a handler for the TApplication.OnException event. Have it check
to see if the E argument is an EIBError. If so, check the status code
and show an appropriate message. If not, delegate to
Application.HandleException.

-Craig

Delphi/InterBase Weblog : delphi.weblogs.com
Everything You Need to Know About InterBase Character Sets:
delphi.weblogs.com/stories/storyReader$306

Re:Change errors messages

"Alfonso" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
Craig :

Where Can I find the IB error codes ??? How can I translate Interbase
specific errors such as deadlock ???

All the error codes are defined in the back of the language guide.