How to create a form in code (fully)?

2003-10-24 05:45:20 AM
delphi201
I want to be able to send a form description to an application which
then creates the form based on this data. The form data will be
something like the dfm file Delphi creates.
The reason I want this is that I have a clent/server application where
the clients are located on a different computer from the server and
there are plug-in applications to the server that needs to display a
form on the client computers.
So I figured that if the plug-ins could send a form description to the
clients (through the server) then the client app could create the form
in runtime without first compiling in a form class.
Can this be done at all??
/Bo

Re:How to create a form in code (fully)?

Hi Bo
Have a look at news.nexusdb.com nexusdb.public.binaries
There is a demo there created by Ole Willy Tuv titled
Demo: Master/Detail editing with in-memory datasets
He creates the whole application in code.
HTH
Malcolm
"Bo Berglund" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes