Deploying a dbx IB app

2004-02-18 07:41:05 PM
delphi119
I have a small app that we want to test on a computer that does not
have Delphi installed on it. Cannot get the SQLConnection to connect
to the server. The dbx driver for IB has been copied to this computer
as well as the midas.dll. I have been told that IB client has been
installed as well. Using sysdba and masterkey as the login. Data path
is correct. IB 6.5, Delphi 7. IBConsole can connect to the server.
What can cause this app not to connect?
I've added a memo component to the main form and the SQLConnection
before connect displays that the event has executed. I also have text
display when it connects but that does not happen.
Thanks,
Craig

Re:Deploying a dbx IB app

Craig writes:
I have a small app that we want to test on a computer that does not
have Delphi installed on it. Cannot get the SQLConnection to connect
to the server.
What happens when you try?
-Craig
Delphi/InterBase Weblog : delphi.weblogs.com
IB 6 versions prior to 6.0.1.6 are pre-release and may corrupt
your DBs! Open Edition users, get 6.0.1.6 from mers.com

Re:Deploying a dbx IB app

Bill and Craig:
The info I am getting (remote client) is the the connection is trying
to connect and that is it. No error displayed. It just doesn't connect.
Craig
What happens when you try?

-Craig

Re:Deploying a dbx IB app

C Clemans writes:
The info I am getting (remote client) is the the connection is trying
to connect and that is it. No error displayed. It just doesn't
connect.
If you try to connect to InterBase you will either succeed or an
exception will be raised. Is it possible that your application is
eating the exception?
-Craig
Delphi/InterBase Weblog : delphi.weblogs.com
IB 6 versions prior to 6.0.1.6 are pre-release and may corrupt
your DBs! Open Edition users, get 6.0.1.6 from mers.com

Re:Deploying a dbx IB app

The feedback in no. I will double check this with the client.
See my post to "ParamCheck = False, still parameters?" Would this
apply? I do get an exception in this case.
Craig

C Clemans writes:
The feedback in no. I will double check this with the client.

See my post to "ParamCheck = False, still parameters?" Would this
apply? I do get an exception in this case.
I'm finding it difficult to make sense of your messages. It would
help if you provide more specific detail.
-Craig
Delphi/InterBase Weblog : delphi.weblogs.com
Want to help make Delphi and InterBase better? Use QC!
qc.borland.com -- Vote for important issues

Re:Deploying a dbx IB app

So am I. <g>Seriously, I need to get more info from the client.
Replys are terse at best.
I agree that an error should be raised.
Craig