'Inaccessible value' when debugging DesignEditors.pas .

2007-03-29 04:47:24 PM
delphi263
Hello,
I meet the following problem : I am trying to build a custom property
editor with [paSubProperties], with D7.
The important part of the code source is :
" TAComponentProperty.GetProperties;
var Selections: IdesignerSelections;
Begin
.../...
Selections:= TdesignerSelections.Create;
For i:= 0 To Components.Count-1 do Begin
Selections.Add(TASubProperty(Components,Objects[i]));
GetComponentsProperties(Selections, [tkFloat], Designer, Proc);
.../...
End; "
When "GetComponentProperties" is called, the execution point goes in the
unit "DesignEditors.pas" to trace "procedure
GetComponentProperties(Const Components: IdesignerSelections .../...".
When I want to inspect, evaluate, or modify a variable in that
procedure, the only result is "inaccessible value", even when I remove
the optimization.
To try to resolve this limitation, I have tempted this solution:
As "DesignIde.dpk" is not supplied, I have removed it from my Design-time
package, so that I can add its units directly in the "Contains" clause
of the package, because I want to rebuild all the units. But, it is not
possible because the "ComponentDesigner.pas" is missing. So, I can't
really debug "DesignEditors.pas".
Has someone else encountered this problem ?
Thank you for yours solutions.

Re:'Inaccessible value' when debugging DesignEditors.pas .

Hi Eric
If you need add the designide.dcp to your requires section your problem most
probably will be solved.
It is situated in the delphiXX\Lib directory
HOWTO:
Project/Add to project
Choose the requires tab
"eric.moutie" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes