Re: #14513 - FRUSTRATION WITH DELPHI 2005 - closed !!!

Jeff Overcash (TeamB) writes:

No, he regularly broke the rules of use for these newsgroups and was
warned multiple times publicly and even more privately and he refused
to follow the rules. It had NOTHING to do with complaining.
Really? Do you have some link to a message where he break that rules?
Can serve other posters to know which is the TeamB criteria to ban for
life somebody.
Donald

Donald Shimoda writes:

Jeff Overcash (TeamB) writes:

>No, he regularly broke the rules of use for these newsgroups and was
>warned multiple times publicly and even more privately and he refused
>to follow the rules. It had NOTHING to do with complaining.

Really? Do you have some link to a message where he break that rules?
They've been canceled so no (although I am sure you can find lots of his
complaining posts on google before the ban so that obviously wasn't the reason
or they have been canceled also). Sorry, you are not entitled to this
information any ways.
Can serve other posters to know which is the TeamB criteria to ban for
life somebody.

The rules are posted for everyone to read. If a TeamB member warns you that you
have broken a rule than listen to them and don't in the future. It is a pretty
simple procedure that most intelligent people can follow.
--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB) On waves of silver I dreamed of gold
(Please do not email 'Till I lost the peace that dreaming gives

Jeff Overcash (TeamB) writes:
wasn't the reason or they have been canceled also). Sorry, you are
not entitled to this information any ways.
Ok, so the only one who know why somebody is banned are TeamB members
rigth? Seems like if they dont like that anybody says can ban that one
and nobody in the NG will know why that happen. It seems not very fair
to the banned people, IMHO.
future. It is a pretty simple procedure that most intelligent people
can follow.
Wow, i really expect so intelligent to follow that instructions.;)
Donald

Donald Shimoda writes:

Ok, so the only one who know why somebody is banned are TeamB members
rigth?
And Borland.
Seems like if they dont like that anybody says can ban that one
and nobody in the NG will know why that happen. It seems not very fair
to the banned people, IMHO.
It takes a *lot* of effort to get banned here. There are a set of rules that
are public (info.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html), but essentially
Borland reserves the right to control who uses these groups and on what
terms. No one gets banned (or even cancelled) for simply disagreeing or
posting one's own views, but one might get cancelled or even banned for
*how* one goes about doing that. If you think we are being unfair, you can
complain to Borland.
“It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can
stand by itself.?- Thomas Jefferson

Donald Shimoda writes:

Jeff Overcash (TeamB) writes:

>wasn't the reason or they have been canceled also). Sorry, you are
>not entitled to this information any ways.

Ok, so the only one who know why somebody is banned are TeamB members
rigth? Seems like if they dont like that anybody says can ban that one
and nobody in the NG will know why that happen. It seems not very fair
to the banned people, IMHO.
All bans (all 5 of them I think) have the approval of Borland and are actually
done on the server by Borland. TeamB asks for it and presents the evidence to
warrant it only. Please don't start acting as if banning people is common. It
is very rare and done only for people who continually break the rules of these
servers.
--

Wayne Niddery [TeamB] writes:
>Seems like if they dont like that anybody says can ban that one
>and nobody in the NG will know why that happen. It seems not very
>fair to the banned people, IMHO.

It takes a lot of effort to get banned here.
Indeed, anyone who thinks you can lose the right to post here for
complaining too much must not read this newsgroup.
Useful articles about InterBase development:
blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/category/21.aspx

Craig Stuntz [TeamB] writes:

Indeed, anyone who thinks you can lose the right to post here for
complaining too much must not read this newsgroup.
I read that sentences again and again and always end without find the
sense. Can you please explain that you mind?
Are you saying if somebody thinks can be banned him must not post in
that NG?
Donald

Jeff Overcash (TeamB) writes:
It
is very rare and done only for people who continually break the rules
of these servers.
And simple complaining is not against the rules.
--
Nick Hodges -- TeamB
Lemanix Corporation -- www.lemanix.com

Donald Shimoda writes:
I read that sentences again and again and always end without find the
sense. Can you please explain that you mind?
Are you saying if somebody thinks can be banned him must not post in
that NG?
He's saying that lots of people complain all the time and don't get
banned.
--

Nick Hodges [TeamB] writes:
He's saying that lots of people complain all the time and don't get
banned.
Indeed, sorry for the misunderstood.
Donald