Adding FolderFields to Outlook

2005-12-22 04:52:00 AM
delphi41
I am using Userproperties on a mailmessage. When adding to the mailmessage
I am using MyMsg.Add('PropName',olText, True, EmptyParam). The third
parameter adds the property to the folder fields.
However, when I move the message to another folder, the property does not
get added to the new folder.
Is it possible to (programamically) check to see if the property has already
been added the the folder's fields and then, if not, add the property to the
folder fields?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Bruce

Re:Adding FolderFields to Outlook

You can not check that to the best o f my knowledge, at least not using the
OOM.
You can call UserProperties.Add again after the message was moved: if the
field was already added, the definition will simply be updated, you won't
get a duplicate.
Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool
"Bruce Haskell" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
I am using Userproperties on a mailmessage. When adding to the mailmessage
I am using MyMsg.Add('PropName',olText, True, EmptyParam). The third
parameter adds the property to the folder fields.

However, when I move the message to another folder, the property does not
get added to the new folder.

Is it possible to (programamically) check to see if the property has
already been added the the folder's fields and then, if not, add the
property to the folder fields?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Bruce

Re:Adding FolderFields to Outlook

Thanks, Dmitry.
You would think if you can do it in Outlook, you would be able to also do in
OOM.
Bruce
"Dmitry Streblechenko" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

>I am using Userproperties on a mailmessage. When adding to the
>mailmessage I am using MyMsg.Add('PropName',olText, True, EmptyParam).
>The third parameter adds the property to the folder fields.
>
>However, when I move the message to another folder, the property does not
>get added to the new folder.
>
>Is it possible to (programamically) check to see if the property has
>already been added the the folder's fields and then, if not, add the
>property to the folder fields?
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Bruce

Re:Adding FolderFields to Outlook

You would think if you can do it in Outlook, you would be able to also do
in
OOM.
I would never count on that :-)