DriveComboBox

I have a panel on the left side of my application.  On it is a
drivecombobox, filelist, and filterbox.  Now how do I ensure
that when I hide the toolbars which are above these that the
components are dynamically resized to the new panel size?
I have looked at parent and align but neither seems to work.

Re:DriveComboBox

rmas...@airmail.net (Ronald Maston) wrote:
>I have a panel on the left side of my application.  On it is a
>drivecombobox, filelist, and filterbox.  Now how do I ensure
>that when I hide the toolbars which are above these that the
>components are dynamically resized to the new panel size?
>I have looked at parent and align but neither seems to work.

It is a bit shame that Delphi doesn't help you in these kind of
situations, but doing things manually isn't a big deal.

When you hide/restore your toolbar(s), simply assign new Left, Top,
Width and Height values to the components. If you want to do this when
the user resizes your form too, you might want to create only a single
OnResize event handler, and then call the event handler when the
toolbar(s) are hidden/shown.

HTH.

Regards,

Jani J?rvinen
a.k.a SilverStream Software
Helsinki Finland

Tools, information, tips, reviews & bug lists
for professional Delphi, Win32 and WinHelp developers.

mailto:ja...@dystopia.fi
http://www.dystopia.fi/~janij/

Other Threads