maximum connections

Hi
How many clients can be connected at the same time on a tcp server ?

Re:maximum connections

"Allali" <allali.mo...@caramail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi
> How many clients can be connected at the same time on a tcp server ?

w98, i heared something about 100, NT or w2000, its a question of
resources, cpu's .... there is no limit.

Re:maximum connections

> How many clients can be connected at the same time on a tcp server ?

As many as the machine can take before it bogs down. <g> There may be some
OS limits with various Win32 flavours, but in practice one of two things
will generally happen before your run out of connectivity resources. Either
your program will bog the machine down (CPU/memory/disk saturation) or
you'll saturate the network connection in the case of high-throughput
servers such as HTTP daemons serving static pages.

I guess the ultimate answer is "try it and find out." ;-)

--
We base all our experiments on the capacity of mankind for self-government.
- James Madison

Re:maximum connections

isnt there also a maxconnections property or constant somewhere too?

"Me" <claire_humph...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3b5fbf91_1@dnews...
> isnt there also a maxconnections property or constant somewhere too?

TIdTCPServer has a MaxConnections property in Indy 9.0.  It indicates the
maximum number of simultaneous peer connections allowed for your server
implementation. When MaxConnection is 0, the server does not impose a limit
on the maximum number of client connections.

hth...

Other Threads