Saving BMP from TBitmap using API Calls!

Hi @ll!
I want save .bmp from TBitmap using API calls.
Any body can help me?
Thanx.
P.S.
Thanx EARL for your support!!!

Re:Saving BMP from TBitmap using API Calls!

On Thu, 18 Nov 1999 02:18:17 +0300, "Rulezzz" <r...@rill.ddd> wrote:
>I want save .bmp from TBitmap using API calls.

If you've already got a TBitmap (an instance of a VCL object), I don't
understand why you want to use API calls to save it to a file.

Look up TBitmap.SaveToStream in the VCL source code (GRAPHICS.PAS).
Follow the code there and you'll see that there is quite a bit of work
involved in saving a bitmap to a file.

-Steve

Re:Saving BMP from TBitmap using API Calls!

> If you've already got a TBitmap (an instance of a VCL object), I don't
> understand why you want to use API calls to save it to a file.

> Look up TBitmap.SaveToStream in the VCL source code (GRAPHICS.PAS).
> Follow the code there and you'll see that there is quite a bit of work
> involved in saving a bitmap to a file.

> -Steve

On the other hand if you've, say, gone & created your own dib & know that
it's color res, palette (if need be), dimensions, etc. will be constant you
could simply open a file (see the reset proc in the help) and write your
bits/bytes/words from your dib pointer to the file.

GL
Mike

Other Threads