Printing From TMT Pascal Lite

I'm a newbie to Pascal programming, but have written a few simple working programs in Turbo Pascal.

I have downloaded TMT Pascal Lite (including the current version today) and have tried to get it to compile some "send printer code to printer" programs I'd written. The compiler keeps bombing out at the "Write(lst,{printercode})" line, saying it doesn't know what LST is.

So my question is simple. How do you print in TMT Pascal Lite? There is no Printer unit and no other unit can do it either. Is there source code for a generic Printer unit that I could compile and print with?

I'm amazed that they thought a MOUSE unit was of higher priority than a PRINTER unit!

Thanks for listening to my rant. Can someone help?
This article was posted to Usenet via the Posting Service at Deja News:
http://www.dejanews.com/          [Search, Post, and Read Usenet News!]

Re:Printing From TMT Pascal Lite

you have to do something liek this...

var
  lst : text;
{...}
assign(lst, 'PRN');
{...}

that will do it in normal BP, and TP7.  TMT should be the same i'd hope.

--
__/\__ .name: Brandon Sneed (nivenh)
\ Oo / .mail: brand...@ttgwest.com

mike.w...@cde.com wrote in article <846792905.23...@dejanews.com>...

> I'm a newbie to Pascal programming, but have written a few simple working

programs in Turbo Pascal.

> I have downloaded TMT Pascal Lite (including the current version today)

and have tried to get it to compile some "send printer code to printer"
programs I'd written. The compiler keeps bombing out at the
"Write(lst,{printercode})" line, saying it doesn't know what LST is.

> So my question is simple. How do you print in TMT Pascal Lite? There is

no Printer unit and no other unit can do it either. Is there source code
for a generic Printer unit that I could compile and print with?

> I'm amazed that they thought a MOUSE unit was of higher priority than a
PRINTER unit!

> Thanks for listening to my rant. Can someone help?
> This article was posted to Usenet via the Posting Service at Deja News:
> http://www.dejanews.com/          [Search, Post, and Read Usenet News!]

Other Threads