D7 vs DTS II making the connections

I have the DTS_lib unit installed
and now I am trying to figure out th connectiions.
Existing sample I have seen you and exsiting DTS package.
I would like to create and destroy the DTS package in my app so not to be
dependent to an exter{*word*7}entitiy.

var
   DTS : TPackage;
begin
   DTS := TPackage.Create(self);
   DTS.Connection := ????

At this point I know I need to connections, the source and destination, The
source is a SQL database using a query.  The destination is an exsiting
dbase table.

Thanks,
I thought I posted previouly but can't find it, perhaps I only thought I
did, so if this a repeat, accept my appologies.

Thanks
Vanessa

Re:D7 vs DTS II making the connections

"Vanessa Amaral" <Va...@2beCreative.com> wrote in message

> I have the DTS_lib unit installed

Where do you get this unit?

Thanks,
    Ron.

Re:D7 vs DTS II making the connections

You need SQL Client (or Server) on your computer

D7: Import Type Libary
=>IDE :Project/Import Type Libary

choice 'Microsoft  DTSPackage Object Libary'

This will allow you to excute packages, if you want to create
packages containing the pump (Transfer Data Task) then you
will need the datapump library as well.

I did a lot of research on google forms.
Keep in touch, I am still have a problem on execution.

> You need SQL Client (or Server) on your computer

> D7: Import Type Libary
> =>IDE :Project/Import Type Libary

> choice 'Microsoft  DTSPackage Object Libary'

> This will allow you to excute packages, if you want to create
> packages containing the pump (Transfer Data Task) then you
> will need the datapump library as well.

> I did a lot of research on google forms.
> Keep in touch, I am still have a problem on execution.

Thanks. I will look into it.

I need to write some code to pump 50 - 100MB of data per night to a SQL
Server database - and right now I am looking at the Bulk Insert command. If
this will not work - I will try to look into using a DTS.

Ron.

Other Threads