Records LOCKED and not released (MS SQL 7.0 via BDE)

I am using Delphi 4.02, BDE 5.01, MS SQL Server 7.0 beta 3

When two user runing same application on different computers and one editing
some record
another user enter to queue and waiting for release this record from lock,
everything ok.

BUT, when first user release record that he was editing the first user still
waiting and only abnormal exit from application can help.

Please, any suggestions.

Thanks.

sl...@monfort.co.il

Re:Records LOCKED and not released (MS SQL 7.0 via BDE)

Have you talked to Microsoft about this already? It's a bit hard for us
to support any beta software like this.
Slava wrote:

> I am using Delphi 4.02, BDE 5.01, MS SQL Server 7.0 beta 3

> When two user runing same application on different computers and one editing
> some record
> another user enter to queue and waiting for release this record from lock,
> everything ok.

> BUT, when first user release record that he was editing the first user still
> waiting and only abnormal exit from application can help.

> Please, any suggestions.

> Thanks.

> sl...@monfort.co.il

Re:Records LOCKED and not released (MS SQL 7.0 via BDE)

I tested this problem on release version (MS SQL Server 7.0) also.

I have lock problem also if two application loaded and first try to change
some record and make post.
After this, application HANGED UP and not released.

This table must have some blob filed and with about 10,000 records.

I think that this problem of BDE links.

Re:Records LOCKED and not released (MS SQL 7.0 via BDE)

>I have lock problem also if two application loaded and first try to change
>some record and make post.
>After this, application HANGED UP and not released.
>I think that this problem of BDE links.

One way to check this is to download our pre-release of our SQL Links support
for MS SQL 7 from our web site.  You can get it from
http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde.

John Kaster, Enterprise Product Manager
Please post MIDAS-related messages in inprise.public.midas

Re:Records LOCKED and not released (MS SQL 7.0 via BDE)

I am already tested this problem with new SQL link driver and also with the
last release version of MS SQl Server 7.0.

All tryis to work with MS SQL Server 7.0 via ODBC filed with "Access
violation" (TTable and TQuery tested).

Thank for any suggestions.

sl...@monfort.co.il

Other Threads