Group by not grouping by

I am trying to insert about 60.000 records into a table with a primary
key of 9 columns. The insert query I use, groups by these 9 columns
(to precent primary key violations, opbviously). Still, I get a
primary key violation. I am *absolutely sure* that the records to be
inserted do not conflict with any records already in this table.

To see what was going on, I inserted the records from my insert query
into a new empty table. Now, when I inspect this table, I find two
records that have an exact duplicate, despite the group by!

Does anybody know what is going on here? Anybody noticed this before?
Any workarounds?

--
Jan
pan...@commonsense.a2000.nl