how to write a server side events in D4

I have get a component to invoke events from automation server.But I
don't known how to write a events on server side in D4.it seems create a

events interface and use FEvents as private property.it difficult from
D3.
who can tell me how to to .Better give me an example.

contacte me:l...@hotmail.com

Re:how to write a server side events in D4

Hello,

Not sure what you mean. In D4, the automation object wizard allows you to
support events by automatically creating the connection points and the Event
interface. If you want to add event methods, go to the tlb editor and add
methods to the event's dispinterface. To call an event method, just say
FEvents.Method (...) from within the server. I have an example of how to do
this in D4 at my site:

http://www.castle.net/~bly/Programming and download the reference to
DelphiSinkDemo.zip

have fun,

--
Binh Ly
Brickhouse Data Systems, Inc.

ciicsh wrote in message <35AC7BD9.869F9...@online.sh.cn>...
>I have get a component to invoke events from automation server.But I
>don't known how to write a events on server side in D4.it seems create a

>events interface and use FEvents as private property.it difficult from
>D3.
>who can tell me how to to .Better give me an example.

>contacte me:l...@hotmail.com

Re:how to write a server side events in D4

Hi,

Last night I was trying to learn about COM callback events using Delphi 4. I
had your article in the Delphi Informant, the D4 demo applications (Word97
demo), and the D4 docs. The more I studied, the more confused I got. Maybe
it was to late in the evening!!!

Anyway, I just tried to access your site
http://www.castle.net/~bly/Programming, but it was not found. Has it moved?

Regards,

Tor Langlo.

bly wrote in message <6ojniu$70...@forums.borland.com>...
>Hello,

>Not sure what you mean. In D4, the automation object wizard allows you to
>support events by automatically creating the connection points and the
Event
>interface. If you want to add event methods, go to the tlb editor and add
>methods to the event's dispinterface. To call an event method, just say
>FEvents.Method (...) from within the server. I have an example of how to do
>this in D4 at my site:

>http://www.castle.net/~bly/Programming and download the reference to
>DelphiSinkDemo.zip

>have fun,