Printing Using AsignPRN produces Double Spaced lines when printing on DOT Matrix

Hello Anyone who can help.

  I wrote a simple app to read a text file and print using AssignPRN

if I print to a laser printer the print is ok, however if I print to
a line printer or Dotmatrix using a generic print driver I get a double
line break between each line.

Any Ideas on why I get a double line break ?

Re:Printing Using AsignPRN produces Double Spaced lines when printing on DOT Matrix

> if I print to a laser printer the print is ok, however if I print to
> a line printer or Dotmatrix using a generic print driver I get a double
> line break between each line.

> Any Ideas on why I get a double line break ?

Check that the  AssignPRN prn is not adding a CR/LF pair to the end of the
line. If a line is 80 characters long and there is a CR/LF at the end of
the line this could cause the double line break as some devices will
produce an implicit CR/LF when the 80th character is output.

Other Threads