(no subject)

Does anyone have or know where to get a complete Delphi component for
using CrysalReports?  The component we downloaded from Crystal seems very
limited and, although we don't have the sources, it doesn't seem to
support all the function calls available in the manuals.

Specifically, I need to be able to get a report, load in the SQL query
attached, have the user edit it, then send it back. The component we have
does not have the ability to get the SQL Query.  Anyone know this?

Thanks!

Marcus Chapman

Re:(no subject)

Marcus Chapman wrote:

> Does anyone have or know where to get a complete Delphi component for
> using CrysalReports?  The component we downloaded from Crystal seems very
> limited and, although we don't have the sources, it doesn't seem to
> support all the function calls available in the manuals.

> Specifically, I need to be able to get a report, load in the SQL query
> attached, have the user edit it, then send it back. The component we have
> does not have the ability to get the SQL Query.  Anyone know this?

> Thanks!

> Marcus Chapman

We had the same problem and broke down and wrote our own non-visual
component for CRW.  Since this code is technically copyright by my
employer, I will have to get permission to use it.  But it wasn't
difficult at all.  The hardest part was understanding the print engine
calls -- they are kinda wierd in places.  If you have ever written a
non-visual component for Delphi before, you can do this.  It took me an
afternoon and a morning of testing to get it working.  I spent nearly an
hour on the bitmap alone -- I guess I am too left brained to draw
bitmaps.

Go for it,
William
-------------------------------
William Tucker
Compu-Share, Inc.

William.Tuc...@Worldnet.ATT.net
WTuc...@Compu-Share.com

Re:(no subject)

In article <31F99E42....@worldnet.att.net> William D. Tucker wrote:
>non-visual component for Delphi before, you can do this.  It took me an
>afternoon and a morning of testing to get it working.  I spent nearly an
>hour on the bitmap alone -- I guess I am too left brained to draw
>bitmaps.

  And isn't this why we all love Delphi?  'an afternoon and a morning of
testing...'

=scott

Re:(no subject)

How do you assign the enter key as an event for an edit box?

Re:(no subject)

In article <4teeq3$...@server02.ilap.com>, Jason Dillon <jdil...@ilap.com>
writes:

>How do you assign the enter key as an event for an edit box?

It isn't a seperate event by itself... set up a handler for the edit box's
OnKeyPress event.  In the handler, test to see if Key = #13 .  If so, it
received an Enter.

Jeremy Weatherford
jxi...@aol.com

(bad sig!  ::thwapp::)

---
Looking for a quick and easy way to 'fly' a 'camera' around your OGl
scene?  Contact me at the above address for info on the CAM module, v1.1.

Re:(no subject)

--
Mike
Micha...@pantheoninc.com