Losing blocks of records from linked Paradox table??!

Hi there

I have a simple little form with links to 4 Paradox tables. One is
the master, and the other three are children grids in a tabbed note
book (One grid per page)

In the course of entering data into this screen, the user has lost
blocks of 40 to 75 records at a time on three separate occasions. She
exits after an entry session, and when she goes back in the records
are gone.

Does Anybody have any idea how on earth this could happen??!

Help! Thanks

Yvonne Haatvedt (y...@netbase.com)
NetBase Corp
Calgary, Canada

Re:Losing blocks of records from linked Paradox table??!

Haatvedt <haatv...@cadvision.com> wrote:
>In the course of entering data into this screen, the user has lost
>blocks of 40 to 75 records at a time on three separate occasions. She
>exits after an entry session, and when she goes back in the records
>are gone.

Could you please be more precise. I.E. are you working on a shared
database or local ?
It might be the configuration of the BDE, as it does some caching if
it runs on local database(s).
Try setting the LOCAL SHARE property to true in the BDE configuration
(System tab I guess).

Hope this helps,

Chris.

Christian Huwaert, Paradox & Delphi developer(tries to...)
Christian.Huwa...@ping.be (http://www.ping.be/~ping3150)

Other Threads