Please - [DBMSSOCN]General network error

When we are connected through internet, using ADOConnection to access a
database SQL Server 7,
and a time passed without doing any consultation to the bank, that is left
the stopped system
for a time; in the next consultation attempt it happens the mistake:

[DBMSSOCN]General network error. Check your network documentation.

What should make to solve this?

Maxwell

Re:Please - [DBMSSOCN]General network error

Check your Client network setting of SQL Server in your client end.

"Maxwell R. Silva" <maxw...@telecash.com.br> wrote in message

> When we are connected through internet, using ADOConnection to access a
> database SQL Server 7,
> and a time passed without doing any consultation to the bank, that is left
> the stopped system
> for a time; in the next consultation attempt it happens the mistake:

> [DBMSSOCN]General network error. Check your network documentation.

> What should make to solve this?

> Maxwell

Re:Please - [DBMSSOCN]General network error

Sounds like you might have something like a PIX firewall that is killing
your internet connection. Try to ping your SQL server box when this happens.

Other Threads