LINUX file server and BDE/ pdxuser.net files unable to run more than 1 pdx9 usr

HELP !

Using novel 3.12 or a NETBUI small network and sharing one paradox net
file works well for a multi-user environment. All table locking in these

multi-user environment are working.

Now we changed the server to a LINUX (Red Hat 6.0) server version
2.2.5-15 and samba version 2.0.3  in order to manage the users and so
on.

We changed nothing in the configuration files (local share = on, same
location for the net file for all workstations) of each user since all
network drives an names were  the same. Now we could not start more than

on Paradox 9 applications (windows 98 work stations). The second which
we wanted to start up came not further than saying that she could not
initialize the net file. Closing the first an running paradox the second

will start up. We changes some settings in samba in order to remove file

locking totally or change the locking options.

In the best case (no locking in samba) we could open several paradox
work stations at the same time. BUT only the LAST started paradox
workstation user is seen by the BDE net file. (checked this by the
utility: tools, preference, database form)

PLEASE can any one tell something about this. It seems that there is an
incompatibility between the way novel/windows netbui and LINUX locking
or sharing files. Paradox BDE has problems with this.

Thank in advance,

Andr C. Keijser (KeyLinx)

Re:LINUX file server and BDE/ pdxuser.net files unable to run more than 1 pdx9 usr

PROBLEMS SOLVED

The latest version of SAMBA and the locking flags set right.

Andr C. Keijser (KeyLinx)

Keijser Andre wrote:
> HELP !

> Using novel 3.12 or a NETBUI small network and sharing one paradox net
> file works well for a multi-user environment. All table locking in these

> multi-user environment are working.

> Now we changed the server to a LINUX (Red Hat 6.0) server version
> 2.2.5-15 and samba version 2.0.3  in order to manage the users and so
> on.

> We changed nothing in the configuration files (local share = on, same
> location for the net file for all workstations) of each user since all
> network drives an names were  the same. Now we could not start more than

> on Paradox 9 applications (windows 98 work stations). The second which
> we wanted to start up came not further than saying that she could not
> initialize the net file. Closing the first an running paradox the second

> will start up. We changes some settings in samba in order to remove file

> locking totally or change the locking options.

> In the best case (no locking in samba) we could open several paradox
> work stations at the same time. BUT only the LAST started paradox
> workstation user is seen by the BDE net file. (checked this by the
> utility: tools, preference, database form)

> PLEASE can any one tell something about this. It seems that there is an
> incompatibility between the way novel/windows netbui and LINUX locking
> or sharing files. Paradox BDE has problems with this.

> Thank in advance,

> Andr C. Keijser (KeyLinx)

Re:LINUX file server and BDE/ pdxuser.net files unable to run more than 1 pdx9 usr

The following settings are used:

    Samba 2.0.6

        oplocks = false
        locking = on
        level2 locking = ON
        other lock settings are default

I hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Andr Keijser

Keijser Andre wrote:
> PROBLEMS SOLVED

> The latest version of SAMBA and the locking flags set right.

> Andr C. Keijser (KeyLinx)

> Keijser Andre wrote:

> > HELP !

> > Using novel 3.12 or a NETBUI small network and sharing one paradox net
> > file works well for a multi-user environment. All table locking in these

> > multi-user environment are working.

> > Now we changed the server to a LINUX (Red Hat 6.0) server version
> > 2.2.5-15 and samba version 2.0.3  in order to manage the users and so
> > on.

> > We changed nothing in the configuration files (local share = on, same
> > location for the net file for all workstations) of each user since all
> > network drives an names were  the same. Now we could not start more than

> > on Paradox 9 applications (windows 98 work stations). The second which
> > we wanted to start up came not further than saying that she could not
> > initialize the net file. Closing the first an running paradox the second

> > will start up. We changes some settings in samba in order to remove file

> > locking totally or change the locking options.

> > In the best case (no locking in samba) we could open several paradox
> > work stations at the same time. BUT only the LAST started paradox
> > workstation user is seen by the BDE net file. (checked this by the
> > utility: tools, preference, database form)

> > PLEASE can any one tell something about this. It seems that there is an
> > incompatibility between the way novel/windows netbui and LINUX locking
> > or sharing files. Paradox BDE has problems with this.

> > Thank in advance,

> > Andr C. Keijser (KeyLinx)

Other Threads