need GUI suggestions for my new program...

Basicly, I need suggestions as to the best way to display a list of
names then to have the user select a particular one. Ideally, I would
like a tooltip to be associated with each item if thats possible. The
other thing is that once the user has selected the item, they then
need to input another piece of information that needs to be associated
with the item (it will be used later on in the program).
There also needs to be a third, fixed but not visible data item
associated with the list...
Later on, the program takes the hidden item and the extra inputed item
for each selection and does some processing with it.
Any suggestions as to the most user-friendly way to code this?
The most programmer friendly?

Re:need GUI suggestions for my new program...

A listbox should do the trick, and you can make yourself a small object to
hold any extra information for a name, and then place this in the Objects
array of the listbox. have found this technique to be quite useful myself.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
?raig ?eynolds

"Jonathan Wilson" <jon...@tpgi.com.au> wrote in message

> Basicly, I need suggestions as to the best way to display a list of
> names then to have the user select a particular one. Ideally, I would
> like a tooltip to be associated with each item if thats possible. The
> other thing is that once the user has selected the item, they then
> need to input another piece of information that needs to be associated
> with the item (it will be used later on in the program).
> There also needs to be a third, fixed but not visible data item
> associated with the list...
> Later on, the program takes the hidden item and the extra inputed item
> for each selection and does some processing with it.
> Any suggestions as to the most user-friendly way to code this?
> The most programmer friendly?

Other Threads