Where is the data access component tab?

Hi,
i just got Delphi 5 (Standard, for Windows 95, 98, NT). After
installation I wanted to start with this little exercise in the Quick
Start guide. On page 3-3 (Adding objects to the form) they say I should
add the Table component from the Data Access tab, but I don't have this
tab. There is a picture on this page (and in the online help) which
shows the component palette with the tabs Standard, Additional, Win32,
System, Data Access, Data Controls, ADO, InterBase, Midas and an arrow
which indicates that there are even more. But my component palette only
shows Standard, Additional, Win32, System, Dialogs, Win 3.1, Samples,
ActiveX, Internet, Servers.
I re-installed Delphi, because I thought that I may have forgotten to
check something during installation, but I made sure to install all
features during the second installation and I still miss the Data
Access tab and some more.Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ray

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Re:Where is the data access component tab?

Starting with version 5, Delphi Standard does not include the Data Access or
Data Controls components with it.
You must get the Pro or Ent. edition.

hth,
Brian

<ray_clevel...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
> i just got Delphi 5 (Standard, for Windows 95, 98, NT). After
> installation I wanted to start with this little exercise in the Quick
> Start guide. On page 3-3 (Adding objects to the form) they say I should
> add the Table component from the Data Access tab, but I don't have this
> tab. There is a picture on this page (and in the online help) which
> shows the component palette with the tabs Standard, Additional, Win32,
> System, Data Access, Data Controls, ADO, InterBase, Midas and an arrow
> which indicates that there are even more. But my component palette only
> shows Standard, Additional, Win32, System, Dialogs, Win 3.1, Samples,
> ActiveX, Internet, Servers.
> I re-installed Delphi, because I thought that I may have forgotten to
> check something during installation, but I made sure to install all
> features during the second installation and I still miss the Data
> Access tab and some more.Any ideas?

> Thanks,
> Ray

> Sent via Deja.com