TTable,Page Locks!!! and MS SQL Server 6.5

Thank you for reading this.

My name is Y.H. Chang,I am from Nanjing,China.
I use MS SQL 6.5 and Delphi 3.02 C/S, and I have a BIG problem.

When i use TTable to open a table,MSSQL puts one or more page locks on that
table. These page locks block the application itself and applications
running on
the other machines. This problem is so BIG that my application is DEAD
every 10min when four users work
at same time.

What am I missing?
--

Please Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My E-Mail is j...@public1.ptt.js.cn

Re:TTable,Page Locks!!! and MS SQL Server 6.5

You can not use TTables with Sybase/MS SQL server You will have problems.
Try using TQuery and bringing all records across using Query1.Last method.
It requires extensive rewrite. You need to make sure you only work with a
small data set.
Good Luck!
cxf wrote in message <01bdcc4e$7059f160$0a01a8c0@hp01>...
>Thank you for reading this.

>My name is Y.H. Chang,I am from Nanjing,China.
>I use MS SQL 6.5 and Delphi 3.02 C/S, and I have a BIG problem.

>When i use TTable to open a table,MSSQL puts one or more page locks on that
>table. These page locks block the application itself and applications
>running on
>the other machines. This problem is so BIG that my application is DEAD
>every 10min when four users work
>at same time.

>What am I missing?
>--