Call rejected by callee

I get the OLEError message "Call rejected by callee" when I try to
access a MS Office document from my Delphi application. I've learned
from an earlier reply by Deborah Pate to this question, that this can
be caused by OfficeAV.dll that comes with Norton AntiVirus and
a workaround is to unregister this DLL.

This is the case here and the workaround helped me but I can't require
from customers to do the same.
So is there something else that can be done about this and that is not
interfering with customers security requirements?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Kerstin

Re:Call rejected by callee

Aha!!! I have a similar situation when i try to open a Visio 2000
document inside a TOleContainer. I couldn't figure out why until now:
when i close McAffee VShield the error goes away.

I've also noticed that in many cases VShield will falsely conclude
that a Delphi-compiled exe is infected and delete it from the disk. I
just mention it because it may be relevant (for instance somehow the
AV software hooks itself into OLE and thinking that the "callee" is
infected with a virus "rejects" the call to the OLE document to
protect it).

Honestly, i think that the only thing we can do is report this
situation to the AV vendors and wait for them to fix it.

> I get the OLEError message "Call rejected by callee" when I try to
> access a MS Office document from my Delphi application. I've learned
> from an earlier reply by Deborah Pate to this question, that this
can
> be caused by OfficeAV.dll that comes with Norton AntiVirus and
> a workaround is to unregister this DLL.

Other Threads