Component as either COM object or Active-X

(Repost from b.p.d.activex.controls.writing where noone answered)

Hi

I have a non-visual component, which I would like to transform into an
Active-X. Delphi has a nice wizard, but it will only do components which
inherit from visual class Txxxx (can't remember right now). I have tried it,
but when the component is registered, it comes up as something visual, with
the usual properties left, width etc.

Isn't it possible to make a non-visual Active-X?

I know the answer to this question is COM, but then there is no wizard and
possible (VB) customers are always looking for Active-X and not COM, despite
it is almost the same once you know how to import a type library.

Has any of this changed with D6 (which I have now) ?

TIA
Uffe

Re:Component as either COM object or Active-X

This question is asked/answered constantly on a.c.w.  Try searching an archive
on "ActiveX" & "invisible".

-Jim

Uffe Kousgaard wrote:
> (Repost from b.p.d.activex.controls.writing where noone answered)

> Hi

> I have a non-visual component, which I would like to transform into an
> Active-X

Other Threads