Board index » delphi » Linux Client / W2000 Server

Linux Client / W2000 Server

Hi Everyone,

I need to connect to a W2000 based server from a linux client.

However, the client seem to have a problem with the DB path as windows
needs it:

Connection string looks like this:

moe:E:/dbdata/ibase/mydatabase.gdb

Linux will try to see the windows "E:" drive as a host and therefore
cannot find it.
I also tried using backslashes with no luck.

Can anyone help? What is the proper format for the connection string.

Thanks.

Andrew

 

Re:Linux Client / W2000 Server


In article <3DD3C538....@fcca.com>, Andrew Fingal says...

Hi,

Quote
> I need to connect to a W2000 based server from a linux client.

> Connection string looks like this:

> moe:E:/dbdata/ibase/mydatabase.gdb

> Linux will try to see the windows "E:" drive as a host and therefore
> cannot find it.

That works for me.  'Linux' is not seeing that path at all, it is
passing it straight to the server.  

What error are you getting?

Phil

Re:Linux Client / W2000 Server


Your're right!  Now it works. Must have had some slash or colon
misplaced somewhere!

Thanks Anyway

Quote
Phil Shrimpton wrote:
> In article <3DD3C538....@fcca.com>, Andrew Fingal says...

> Hi,

>>I need to connect to a W2000 based server from a linux client.

>>Connection string looks like this:

>>moe:E:/dbdata/ibase/mydatabase.gdb

>>Linux will try to see the windows "E:" drive as a host and therefore
>>cannot find it.

> That works for me.  'Linux' is not seeing that path at all, it is
> passing it straight to the server.  

> What error are you getting?

> Phil

Other Threads